We are currently closed to new submissions. Please visit our website for updates, follow us on Twitter (@onspecmagazine) or join our Facebook group ("I Read On Spec").
Preferred submission method is via e-mail to us at email@example.com
PLEASE REVIEW CAREFULLY BEFORE SUBMITTING ANY STORY BY SNAIL MAIL!!!
You can submit fiction, poetry or artwork to On Spec for our careful consideration providing you follow our submission guidelines.
Please address as follows:
On Spec Magazine
PO Box 4727
Snail mail submission guidelines for On Spec
- Include your name, address, telephone number, email address, story title, accurate word count, and a brief (3-line) biography including your publishing background.
- Don't include a synopsis; let your story sell itself.
All submissions to ON SPEC must include the following:
- Mailed to us (we don't read faxed submissions)
- Accompanied by an acceptable form of return postage â€“ SASE (self-addressed, stamped envelope), $1 US or an IRC (International Reply Coupon)
- Accompanied by a cover letter
- Printed on white paper in black ink
- Printed on one side of the page only
- In a readable font (e.g. Times or Courier)
- Have 1-inch margins all around
- Left-justified, with a "ragged right" margin
- Have a header on each page with story title and page number
- Paper-clipped together, not stapled or bound
- No more than 6,000 words long
- We prefer disposable manuscripts, but if you want your manuscript returned, include Self Addressed Stamped Envelope (SASE) bearing sufficient Canadian postage for its return. If your manuscript is disposable, mark it "disposable" and include #10 SASE (or SAE and IRCs) for our reply.
- Manuscripts sent from outside Canada should include Canadian stamps or International Reply Coupons (IRCs, available from most post offices).
- Submissions without a SASE will be held for 6 months, then recycled